Some Benefits of Drinking Green Tea
- Green tea contains significant amounts of flavonoids and antioxidants that protect against heart disease by slowing the breakdown of LDL cholesterol, preventing blood clots, and improving blood vessel function. Green tea drinkers have a lower risk of cardiovascular disease as a result. Antioxidants are essential for neutralizing and removing free radicals found in the bloodstream that can damage cells and cause disease.
- EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate) is one of the most powerful compounds in green tea. It has been studied to treat various diseases and may be one of the main reasons green tea has such powerful medicinal properties.
- Green tea also has small amounts of minerals that are important for health.
- Green tea can help you lose weight and lower your risk of obesity. Green tea increases fat burning and boosts the metabolic rate.
- Many people report having more stable energy and being much more productive when they drink green tea, compared to coffee.
- It soothes arthritis.
- It helps to clear up acne.
- Drinking 2-3 cups of green tea daily can help clear up a urinary tract infection.
- It relieves allergies.
- It reduces puffy eyes.
- It reduces asthma symptoms.
- Green tea reduces stress because it contains the amino acid L-theanine, which has anti-anxiety effects.
- Compounds in green tea can improve brain function. It may also protect your brain in old age and lower your risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Green tea has been associated with about a 30% reduction in breast cancer risk, and may protect against gynecological malignancies, such as ovarian cancer and endometrial cancer.
- Drinking green tea is associated with a decreased risk of diabetes. Studies show that green tea can improve insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels.
- Phytonutrients exclusive to the green tea plant appear so powerful that they may reverse disease even when merely applied to the skin.
- Some studies show that the catechins in green tea can kill bacteria and inhibit viruses like the influenza virus.
- The catechins can improve dental health, a lower risk of caries and reduced bad breath.
Green Tea and Cancer
- Antioxidants in green tea may lower your risk of some types of cancer. A mixture of results has been reported using green tea to stop or reverse the progression of oral cancer, lung cancer, cervical cancer, and colon cancer.
- Here is some information about how Green Tea can help to treat cancer.
- Here is some information about how Green Tea can help to prevent cancer.
- Some studies have shown that people who drink green tea have a lower risk of developing breast cancer, prostate cancer, colorectal cancer.
Chemicals in Tea
- Drinking organic green tea without the harmful chemicals in pesticides, fungicides, and herbicides is much safer and healthier. Here is a video, which shows that in spite of government regulations non-organic tea can still contain large amounts of pesticide.